Friday, July 1, 2011

Art Classes are the Best Classes.

I taught my first art class with the I.D.s yesterday.
I brought a color wheel and talked about color.
Their activity was to paint (well, technically draw because they were using water colors) from their imagination or   from anywhere one picture using warm colors and one picture using cool colors.

I have 9 students who are all pretty high functioning and pretty mobile.
Most of them understood the activity which was awesome.
Next week we'll probably use acrylics and mix some colors.

Maybe they can make their own color wheels... maybe that's too advanced.

After the class, I went to Target. I thought that maybe stupid drivers/ppl only existed in my neighborhood but that's not the case. They exist in the town ten miles north of us, too.


I'm thinking I want to have my camera ready every time I enter/exit our neighborhood specifically to start a blog, introducing our dumb ass neighbors. Maybe I'll just post them all on here. I'm hoping this will reduce our stress level.

I met up with Papa and Ami at the library and watched Papa start his chalk drawing.
I had milk in the car so Ami and I had to leave shortly after he started. It was poor timing on my part.



 The floor...

I did get Ami/Ollie organizing done in their room which is a spectacular feat. I need to pick up some more bins but otherwise, we're good.

I think Ollie's baby shower should just be a party w no presents, just celebrating her upcoming birth... otherwise I have no place for anything!  Generally, we've been trying to get rid of items as we receive them, but it's so hard.  It was easy getting rid of old clothes of Ami's that we really won't need for Ollie, like summery 0-3s. Ami isn't her clothes, she far exceeds their cuteness- also I've been watching the new Hoarders episodes on Netflix.


Play dough...
An evening stroll to the playground with Papa...








No comments:

Post a Comment