Sunday, July 17, 2011

"I Had Fun at Gabby's Baby Bath."

Did you know Jay works at Giant?


On Friday, I sang, "Who are the dumbasses in my neighborhood... In my neighborhood..."

I had to park a bit a ways. I didn't have Ami with me because I had my guitar lesson, but I had two loads of groceries and my guitar I wanted to carry up before I picked her up.
I walked towards our building and found a driver of the UHaul.  Honestly out of breath, I asked him if he could move the truck so I could park.
He still hadn't moved when I came down for my second load.
Finally, I could move my car and carried my guitar up.

Coming down, my downstairs neighbor was asking me if I needed any help and we were talking about my being pregnant the heat and my living on the third floor and if I ever needed any help, I shouldn't hesitate to ask her- all in front of our new neighbors.  It was kind of funny.  Also, downstairs neighbor is really sweet.


Ok, here, these folks were moving in or out. They were telling me to just go around them. Obviously I can't squeeze through the exit.  I waited a bit.  They were getting impatient.  I rolled down my window and said, "You are asking me to do something illegal because you are doing something illegal and I don't appreciate it."
They moved.
There are serious repercussions driving out the entrance way. I was avoiding it at all costs.


On Saturday, Ami joined Nina's early morning class at the other Y because Gabby's baby shower was at Ami's usual gymnastics time. It was just Ami and another two year old... kinda cute...


Afterward we played on the playground and chatted with a mom who had two daughters, one was 3 and the other one was a new baby. Ami was curious about the baby which was awesome. The mom and I talked about gymnastics and she told me how her older daughter handled being a big sister and all that good stuff.


Ami was helping Gabby pick out and open her presents.



She was sort of playing with a 9 month old and playing with one of Bean's new toys.


The party ended and as I was putting Ami in her car seat, she said, "I had fun at Gabby's baby bath."
She slept hard after all of this.


 And random fun...

1 comment:

  1. She was such a good helper! I'm so glad she had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete