Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pancakes For a Lovely Thursday Morning.

Yummy pancakes and delicious rock and roll for breakfast!

While making pancakes, Ami and I listened to a little Audio Galaxy decided tunes. It included the Who, Tori Amos, Talking Heads, Bad Brains, and Tom Waits.

I used a recipe from the Power Foods book. So far, this one is my FAVORITE pancake recipe.
It's called Pecan Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote but I omitted the pecans (for Ami- although I probably could have popped them in the food processor so she wouldn't realize they were in there) and didn't have enough berries to make a compote. Of course I used the white whole wheat flour instead of all purpose, and used kefir instead of yogurt. I added a little cinnamon as well as vanilla and chocolate extracts.
Replacing the compote for the topping, I used a super foods berry spread. 
I think she ate 4 whole bitty pancakes.

They were soft, yummy and deceivingly hearty.




No comments:

Post a Comment