Friday, September 9, 2011

Abstract Painting Project

This morning, our final project was to paint an abstract. I figured this would be the hardest project yet.
I showed the class some Pollock and Miro...

I popped in Emperor Tomato Ketchup by Stereolab and the students to pick out 4 colors for their palette.

I told them I didn't want them to try to please me and to think and feel at the same time while painting.
I reminded them they can mix colors and choose which ever brushes they wanted.

I took pictures of the art that was most original and I was most impressed with.




I didn't realize I didn't get much of the painting in the upper right hand corner like I had intended. I loved that one, too.
The two paintings in the middle are finger painted- entirely the student's idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment