Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm a Slacker!

I've been really tired... having cramps... spending time w Ami, cleaning, watching Parks and Recreation... being disappointed in the new derby team because they're all about being 'derby sexy,' having Hooters as a potential sponsor... planning car washes as a fund raiser.

Ugh.
I really like being a feminist.

On another note, I've been daydreaming of my post baby wardrobe.
I know it's gonna be a while til I can get into my skinny jeans and until then, I can day dream.

Fancy Blazer

A Pretty Sweater

Sweater

A Sweater Blazer

Sweater Vest

Another Sweater Vest

Polos!!!

Suspenders!

Jeans

Of course I will wear my boots w everything.
It's weird seeing them new and not scuffed.

Ollie's prebirth party is Sunday. I'm thinking of making Mediterranean Herb Bread.
Mom is making lots of desserty things, I'm thinking a good bread and dip would be lovely.

I also am jealous of any vegan/vegetarian living in Portland, Oregon.

I really should have gone to the design school there.
I'm especially thinking this as I found some banging food blogs by resident Portlanders... I think it would be homey.
http://urbanvegan.net/
http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/
http://peasandthankyou.com/

I have also been reading about some awesome food trucks... One of them is called Homegrown Smoker and it rides around Portland. The guy smokes tofu, tempeh, vegan meatloaf and apparently has amazing homemade rubs and sauces.

I heard about Solar Crepes that rides around Arlington on NPR a while ago. I wish the ice cream truck that rides around our neighborhood 2-3 times a day turned into that. Nommmmmm mm

I sometimes wish I had a truck.
Right now, though, my dream job would be to work for Lush. I mean... I would make the soaps and all that jazz. I want to immerse myself in everything Lush.

I would live in Vancouver or Britain. Why not? There aren't any good food trucks around here.

Against Me!'s new drummer has a food blog. It has really pretty photos.

Recipes I want to try:
Ginger-Lime Fizz w Blueberries
Black Bean-Quinoa Burgers
Old-Fashioned Nectarine and Blackberry Pie

I'll leave you w a song...

2 comments: