Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"I'm Like A Cheetah. A Fat Cheetah."

I decided to go to open mic.

This was just a thin fog covering me the entire day instead of a really heavy one. It's reassuring that I'm gaining confidence.

Ami and I went to Wegmans in the afternoon.
AudioGalaxy played Do You Realize as we were pulling up so we sat and listened to the whole song. Oh my gosh it's so beautiful.

This video is reminiscent of the fantasmic time we had at the show. WTF. I still have some confetti and probably will be buried w it.


I digress....

We had a little bite...



She had a piece of paper and marker and was making a grocery list- of stuff we were putting in the cart.

It was pretty awesome.

We got home and she took a nap as I got some housework done then Nina picked Ami up and they did their thing.

I practiced for open mic a little bit. I really think singing to Ami every bed and nap time has helped. I wanted my new song finished but it just didn't happen. I would have ended up singing the first verse twice.
I played Captain, The Tree Song, and Picture. I think it was the best time I've played all three, although I did mess up a bit.

Because the Lady Singers of Fredericksburg were promoting their showcase Friday, they created a bit of a mutiny- singing for everyone else. It ended up being the same ppl up there for most of the time. Which was fine because I signed up early and could leave anytime... also I got to see Jenna play guitar and cello and sing.

I found this awesome poster in the bathroom.
They are fucking serious.





A lot of lady singers sang so prettily... I am often very jealous of pretty things as I can't do pretty.

I don't do frills or fuss. I'm very straight forward.

That's why I didn't do gymnastics...


And why I power tumbled...



What ev.

No comments:

Post a Comment