Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pleasantly Productive Tuesday.

This morning was the first day of a new gymnastics class.
We woke up early and ate some yummy breakfast.
I had whole wheat toast spread w goat cheese, mashed raspberries and a drizzle of agave- mighty tasty.
Ami had Greek-strained yogurt w raspberries and a 60% juice 40% water blend.



Excited, we got dressed and played a little bit with Papa and then we said goodbye to him.

The weather was a little rainy and had cool breezes (which was a much needed weather flavor).
We drove to gymnastics and Ami ran into class.
I  loved her confidence today.

She had Miss Beth (my boss) as a teacher for the first time and she was very attentive and participated.
It was really really lovely to see.
She only got grumpy towards last 5 minutes.

We got home and took out the play doh and her little plastic zoo animals. We played with those.
I told her this afternoon's plan- I'll make lunch, then we'll eat it.  Then we'll play for a little bit and it's time for a nap.


For lunch, she had soy beans in their pods, some spaghetti w awesome garden vegetable sauce sprinkled w parm and nutritional yeast w some banana and milk.

She tore it up.

We played some more. The animals ended up face down in the play doh.

We went to bed and read Punk Farm on Tour. She sings the lines w me and it is so awesome. Gawd I love her.

While she slept, I made lotion and an appointment w my finger surgeon for next Tuesday.
I made the appointment because my finger keeps swelling and hurts. I don't want to wear the finger glove forever.

The whole worker's compness involves so many people it's overwhelming who I need to go to for what.

Beth really helped me get back on track and I owe her so much.  I feel pretty damn retarded with this mess.

The lotion I made today was based on the one I've used before w Jojoba oil, but I added lanolin and vitamin E. I also used a premade relaxing mixture of essential oils. I was thinking Bean would like it.
I hope he does. He sure is darn cute.

I also called PL Pediatrics to see if I can get the kids in to Dr. Yum's practice.  Yes!!!  I am so excited.

I did laundry while watching Simpsons and trying to put shit away.

When Ami woke up, I was still folding laundry and she asked so politely to watch Despicable Me.
We did and she asked me to stop what I was doing sit on the couch w her. This prompted a short nap for me.
It was pretty nice.

Ami and I went to Bloom for some much needed dinner items- cucumber, mint, spinach, ice cream cones.
Bloom didn't have mint!


 
I tried out a recipe I got out of a book about power foods I recently got (thank you, Borders). It's an avocado, asparagus, spinach chilled soup.
This is the link to the book and the soup recipe.

While I was blending soup ingredients, I gave Ami some more edamame and the rest of her banana.

I served the soup with out mint (it would have been banging w it, but still pretty tasty... I'm gonna have some more in a minute).

I called it "Green Soup." Ami tried it, but said she didn't like it.  I made her oatmeal w raisins and milk instead. She was down with that.

Then I started on Papa's dinner. Spinach salad w sprouts, cucumber, red onion, red bell pepper, broccoli, steamed asparagus, sesame seeds, squirt of lemon, and oil/vinegar dressing.

I steamed corn on the cob and cooked his whole wheat farfalle.

I also cooked some really really good pudding. OMG so good.
I set them up in the regular sized ice cream cones and put them in the fridge to later put ice cream on top.
Epic failure. I didn't wait long enough for the pudding to cool and the cones got soft and kind of ... melted?
Mike and I later ate them anyway as they reminded us of eclairs. Did I mention the pudding is REALLY good?

Dinner was done and Mike wasn't home yet. Ami took a bath while I cleaned up the bathroom some.
I put some of the relaxing oil in there w her along w a few drops of jojoba.
She made me hot tea in the tub and a water fall.

Papa came home and gave the Doodlebug her latest BabyBug that came in the mail.  The very first story was about a little girl playing w clay or play doh or whatever... using blue as water, green as grass and playing w her little plastic animals.  How weird! It was pretty darn cosmic.

 Papa ate. He said dinner was bangin.
Awesome.

Doodle had her after bath snack which was ice cream on a baby cone- perfect size for her!
We watched some Sesame Street and learned about the letter U and weather- which was PERFECT because it rained pretty much all day today.



She brushed her teeth and we snuggled in bed. We read Punk Farm on Tour again.

Now I am eating more green soup and am excited about downloading Grinderman.

We lost all of our music.
All of it.

Slowly, we've been downloading what we've lost and new shit.

I have all of the Bad Radio demos which when I listen to the songs, makes me feel better about where I am musically, haha... and where I have been...

No comments:

Post a Comment