Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shawn's Memorial.

Ami slept in her bed the whole night last night. She woke up at 9:30ish this morning playing peek-a-boo at the doorway.

To satisfy my waffle craving, we went to Forum.




Papa left for work and Ami and I got ready for the Memorial. I made s'mores surprise buns. They turned out alright. The kids liked them... There were a lot of kids.

So... I should have prepared myself more.

Prepped myself to talk to ppl.

Prepped myself to cry.

Ami did so well while we were outside. We got through most of the service before she got impatient.

I had a story to share... I kind of prepared it, but really chickened out.
Shawn's mom was there, Gramma Miller was there... I explained to Ami what we were doing and how important this was. I cried and she asked me if I was upset. I explained to her why I was crying. She was so concerned and seemingly understanding.
This is a view from inside.





Deanna and Bryt spread Shawn's ashes in the river.





No comments:

Post a Comment