Friday, August 19, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday Mini Vacation

Wednesday, Mike left early to help his dad put break down or put up a wall in his sister's house.
Ami didn't want to go to Story Time for some crazy reason and we were moving slow, playing at home... I decided that we should go to Wegmans for some snacks and such for the river as well as lunch for Mike and his dad.

I got Mike and Ami some brown rice and soy beans and not dogs.. I also got some avocado summer rolls (rice paper), vegetable gyozas, and veggie sushi.

But what to get Mr. T?  I didn't want to get anything too unhealthy, although I was sure the salt content was high as it is pretty much anywhere food is prepared.

I asked for Jambalaya but the lady behind the counter gave me Gumbo (oh well) and a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken.

Mike laughed at me because I got his dad a whole chicken.
He said it's like a meat eater wondering to get a vegetarian... "So... do you want lettuce?"

Then Ami and I went swimming a little bit before it stormed.


Then Papa came home and we started our mini river vacation.





Thursday was a gorgeous day, starting with news that Bean was going to be born!!  We anxiously waited his arrival.  In the meantime, we went out on the water. Ami got her feet wet by the beach, then she, Mike, and Jenna went on the tubes.





Ami was so excited she got to play in the hot tub.

Then we went on a grocery run to make lunch.
We made tofu egg rolls and lettuce wraps and salad using fresh basil and cilantro.

Jenna took the dogs out and Ami wanted to go with her. She did and she and Jenna had some bonding time.
It was really sweet and it's nice Ami was so comfortable- especially being around all of those dogs (5 of them).

We eventually got the news that Bean was born.
We headed home to meet Uncle Billy at our house, secretly planning on taking him to the hospital to meet Bean and see Gabby and Larry.






Bean was going to eat, so we left for US to eat, intending on our coming back but it didn't happen.
It got too late.
Billy, Mike, Ami and I went to Castiglias first to get pizza, but they sat us in the middle of the hustle and bustle and ten feet away from the saxophone player. Service was lousy and it was hot so we just left before ordering.
Because I was thirsty (we hadn't even received water at Castiglias), we went to Hyperion and chilled there for a bit, enjoying the quiet and AC.

Then we picked up a pizza and went home.


I love talking to Billy. I really enjoy his company.

So... what an exciting and eventful couple of days.
I love my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment