Monday, August 22, 2011

Columbia Family Fun Day.

Friday was laundry day.
Ami played with play doh. We went to Target and open gym. 


After her nap, we went out for ice cream. She was so proud of herself throwing away her trash from across the way.
She kept saying, "Bye, Momma!  Bye!!"



And this is one of her funny faces.

Jumping to Saturday morning, we left at 9 to get to Donna's Cafe at 11 to meet Dad-Daddy, Mom-Mommy, and Uncle Nick.

Ami got some gifts- a big blue book of beginners readers stories and a Cabbage Patch Doll named Brianna Veronica.

Because Donna's was having technical difficulties- the power was out- we hopped across the street to Eggspectations which was delicious.


Ami had wheat toast, eggs, fruit and milk and a side of Dad-Daddy fun time.
I had cinnamon raisin french toast topped w kiwi, cantaloupe, mango, strawberries, grapes and banana. It was really good.

And then we shared some yummy cake.






After lunch we went to Centennial Lake for a little walk and playground fun.








We went out for ice cream by the Enchanted Forest and my old apartment. Ami said, "A castle!"
It was sweet.



We parted ways w the fam and headed over to Mema's.
Ami played w blocks as Mema and I talked.
I told Mema about our day, then she asked if I wanted to go get dinner. I said, sure.
:)  Mema called Donna's and their electricity was back on.

So Ami, Mema, and I went there.
Ami fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep all through dinner. Mema and I ordered corn fritters and the grilled peach salad. Oh man, so good.
A jazz band consisting of drums, bass, and keys played Beatles songs. I wish I was sipping wine, as I was feeling very Columbia-hip.

After dinner, Ami and I headed home.
It was such a lovely day.

It's really easy for me to be with ppl who share similar ideas of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment