Friday, August 5, 2011

Roller Derby!!! And Music!!!

Ugh, finally an all girl roller derby team is starting around here.

I picked the colors green and yellow, to go with our old school tattoo theme.
I'm also drawing up the logo and will be in charge of drawing flyers.

I was gonna play around with Monster, but I think I'll just stick to Miss Fist as my derby name.

I really wanted to be a monster, though. I wanted to draw scales and spots and have fur.
I'm not doing typical roller girl sexy- I'm bored of it, honestly.

-sigh- Eddie Vedder wrote a really, really beautiful song that I wish I had written.
"I'll keep on healing all the scars that we've collected from the start. I'd rather this than live without you."


Here is another beautiful, sexy song involving Eddie Vedder and a ukulele



I've also been listening to Maia Vidal's Ep, Poison: 5 Rancid Songs That I Love


She's amazing.

I also got dropboxed Thurston Moore's Solo stuff, Crooked Fingers, j. mascis, and Karen Dalton.
I needed some new music at my feet.

I have 2 ukulele songs I have to write for...

I really was stagnant in my early twenties. I could have been doing everything I'm doing now... Having a baby really gave me a sense of empowerment and I know that I can do anything.

I just... gotta do it... and it doesn't have to be perfect.
I've learned that no one is permanent in their current state and we just have to be patient.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment