Monday, August 15, 2011

Saturday It Rained Outside and in My Brain.


I think we're going to have to skip Nina's gymnastic's class on Saturdays. Ami is just too wacked out and tired... Unless I can find a way to make it work. She asks about it often. 

After class, we went to Springfield to meet up w Aunt Jecca and Paul. We drove to Alexandria and ate at a place called Bilbo Baggins. Ami and I ordered bruschetta and fresh rolls (rice paper) and remembered how much fun we had had the night before.
They have excellent bread, btw, as Ami here, is demonstrating. 




We visited the Torpedo Factory. Some things were inspiring. There was really awesome metal work, as well as paper mache shizz.

Then we went to get some ice cream.
I got red velvet cake ice cream- it was way too sweet but it was good.
Ami picked out cookies n cream.
We later traded... then traded back.


After ice cream, we went back to Paul's house and left for  home.  It took 2 hours!  I was amazed how backed up 95 was. 

We were rocking out to some Ida Maria.
Ami can rock this song out, Dude.  More than Iggy Pop :)



After she fell asleep, I hit random, I guess on Audio Galaxy, and it really wanted me to listen to Andrew Bird and Built to Spill. I nearly fell asleep in the stop/go of traffic.

I found out I don't like Rilo Kiley during this trip which bummed me out.  Oh well, right?

Ami and I got home in time for us to chill just ever so slightly before she went to Nina's house and Mike and I went to his show at Eyeclopes.

It was an all ages show so there were a lot of kids. I made some friends- a bunch of shorties. We were talking about my belly.

The first band was from Charlotte, North Carolina. They were old and they could rock.
I just don't understand how one can be that old and still not sing like him/herself. The singer was trying to sound like Lemmy.
I totally understand kids trying to emulate someone, but I imagine when you're 40 or 50 you should be yourself... but... what do I know. I'm only 29.

We left in the middle of the third band. They were pretty lame. I just don't understand that music. I can't even remember what they were called so I can't give an example.

Anyway, Mike and I came home, I was exhausted. We made pizza on whole wheat flat bread. It was good.
Then I died.


No comments:

Post a Comment