Monday, October 10, 2011

Pirate Nightmares Suck.

Early this morning, I woke up today from a nightmare- it involved ravaging pirates, an emaciated captured woman, and bombs- all in my apartment.

I woke up with "Masters of War" stuck in my head and it all was so heavy I couldn't go back to sleep.

I turned on some "Frasier" then went to get something to eat and noticed I was cold. I remembered Ami didn't want a blanket last night so I checked on her. She seemed slightly chilly, I put a light blanket on her but she woke up.

I snuggled with her.

She wasn't going back to sleep so I told her I had a nightmare and I felt better now that I was holding her.
She's a very good listener.

We snuggled a bit more.  I was trying to sleep and she was telling me about the flower she found on the collar of her pajamas... and then something about her pillow... then something about something else and so on.

She eventually let me sleep a bit.

She eventually asked me if she could go see Papa.

Absolutely!

She and Papa made pancakes again.  Ami poured and flipped them! She also dressed herself today, too.

So big...

We've been talking about describing words like 'big' and 'tiny' as well as, 'next to' and 'behind.'

I know right now I haven't been giving my 100% to her and I feel really guilty.  Since I've recognized it, I've gotten better, and I have been giving her more hugs and kisses. I've also been trying to be more imaginative w her, although my head is in the clouds about entirely different imaginations.

She's so beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment