Sunday, October 9, 2011

"You Talkin To Me?"

Ah..  I love Project Runway on a Sunday evening, sitting in bed after a delicious dinner, just hanging out w my husband.

Yesterday, Ami and I went to the Hot Rod show to drop of the gift certificate Mike made up for the derby girls.  

I got some Five 40 Girl business cards to hand out and gave some to Mike to leave at the shop.
I also got a good report from Marilee.  Ollie is doing fantastically- my belly shot out and has grown a bunch.





Mike took the car to work so Ami and I chilled at home. I cleaned her room- a great accomplishment considering her need to make everything messy.







Nina took us out to the park and the playground early in the evening...
Ami is getting a lot of practice on her scooter.



I read this license plate as "Nubs" but perhaps it's more like "Noobies"?


Anyway- this morning Ami and Papa made pancakes for breakfast and played hide and seek pretty much the whole time until Ami and I got picked up by Nina to go to lunch w Pepaw, Nina's dad.

We went to Castiglia's to eat.  The waitress/hostess was AWFUL!!!  

Not only did she NOT give Ami silverware but she didn't make any accommodation for her what so ever.

I asked for hot water and iced water to drink and she gave me hot water in the same tall glass as my iced water

It was pretty ridiculous.  I asked for a ceramic mug for my hot water so I could make tea.

It was things like this over and over...  It was nutty...




Oh!!! and before we went out to pick up Papa, kids were throwing a Yuengling bottle, smashing it in the parking lot.

I was at the top of the stairs when I heard them do this,when I looked, a boy picked up the bottle. He said, "Let me smash it!"

I said, "I don't appreciate your smashing glass in the parking lot!!!"

Of course because I made it about how I felt, he threw the bottle down anyway.

So... something came over me and I did my first old lady, "Where are your parents?  Take me to them."
"You're going to talk to my mom?"
On our way to his apartment, I told him how dangerous throwing broken glass in the parking lot- especially w a bunch of kids around.

I stood by his door and waited for a couple of minutes.
His mom came out in- no lie- a moo-moo and curlers.
I told her what happened and I couldn't read her face.

Whatev, right?  I hate this neighborhood.

I picked up Mike and we were off to Joe and Nikki's house to eat and play Dominoes.
The pizza was from Dominoes.

It was good.

We made up more verses to "Wheels on the Bus."

"The Papa on the bus goes fart, fart, fart..."
"The Mama on the bus..."
"The Ami on the bus..."
"The Ollie on the bus..."

Haha, Ami was cracking up.

At one point, Mike and I were talking about my idea of a book that has the entire (Noah's) arc farting and Ami said, "You talkin to me???"

My family rocks.

2 comments:

  1. Her room looks amazing and that scooter makes her look like such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, pixxie!!!
    I have to remember she's only 2 sometimes.

    P.S... I'm ready for a Bean blog :)

    ReplyDelete