Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday breathed a heavy sigh.

Yesterday kicked my ass and even though the humidity was through the roof, today seemed much more subdued.

This morning Ami and I kissed Papa goodbye and left for the Farmer's Market to buy groceries.

Boy was it crowded. Crowds always get me and when it's hot and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing, the anxiety just heightens.
I couldn't think so I ended up only buying bread and cheese.

There were 2 more bread vendors than the regular 1 which was good to see. There were also 2 natural lip balms/candles, etc, than the usual 1.

We chatted with Lin who said Soon was on a trip to his 55 year class reunion. Wow. She said every reunion less and less ppl show up.

I got out of the hustle as soon as I could, almost fainting as we approached the car.

We went home to put cheese away, I got the chocolate chip meringue cookies out of the oven and in the tin, ready to go to the Y for Nina's show. This is the class I used to teach with her. I really wanted to see their progression and their beautiful faces. It's been a few months and I recognized just a handful of the kids there.

Ami is just ridiculously patient, especially for a toddler. She waited and watched Nina's class performing in their show and only mentioned once, "I twy?"
I think always in the back of her mind she knows there is later, there is time, there is more, which is remarkable and something I need to learn sometimes. I know there is a better way to express this, I just haven't found it yet. I DO know she's pretty Buddha-riffic sometimes.

This is her 'writing' during the show...


And here is after... playing around.



Even though I knew it was hot and disgustingly humid out, I had promised Ami we'd go to the playground. It was deserted, the slides were hot, and in the background we could hear the kids having fun at the water park across the street. Water bottle in sight the whole time, I couldn't bare it for too long. She didn't seem to mind that she couldn't go on half of the entire playground but Ami understood for the most part I was having a hard time.


Now we're home. We rode out a thunderstorm. I barely thought about and rolled up my car windows in time. Ami and I were a third way up on the steps leading to our apt when the rain started pouring. I'm going to make tea in a bit, watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and fold laundry. That's kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment