Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Muppets. Jim Henson. Frank Oz. Kevin Clash.

I just finished watching Being Elmo with the Mikey.  I really wish that I felt that I deserved to figure out how to make stuff and make things happen when I was young.

I love Muppets and would sometimes make the craptastic sock puppets. I would get discouraged, though, cuz it wasn't what I ultimately wanted to make and figure I didn't deserve to know how.

I realize I have this mind set most times and have to break it.  I think that's why when I had Ami, things clicked. I can do shit.

It has helped me accept criticism and use it to better myself and surroundings.

It's kind of neat.

A recent instance of stupid brain is last week at derby, I was actually taught cross overs.

I taught myself how to skate and taught cross overs to myself like 2 years ago just by watching the ppl at open skate.

Because I couldn't cut corners and maneuver as well as the better skaters, I chalked it up to just something I couldn't do and never thought there was something I could do differently.

Shit has changed. I feel like I can do anything. I can learn how to do shit and rewire my brain.

I can make puppets.

So I'm gonna.

Sesame Street, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment