Sunday, November 6, 2011

Amazing, Fantastic, Crazy

We're getting situated and cozy.  All of us.

Ami periodically says, "I have a sister!" and "I love my sister!"  

It's really really sweet.



She's been drawing a lot.  She draws Spiderman, elephants, and of course, monsters.


Yesterday I asked Ami what I could do to help her want to pee in the potty (instead of her diaper).
Papa, Ami and I made an agreement that if she peed in the potty she would get a sticker and every 3rd sticker she would get a toy.
She said, "Like a bouncy ball?"   
"Yes, like a bouncy ball."

So... today, she peed and pooped in the potty.  I called up Papa and he came home with a bouncy ball and some other toys along w lots of squishy friends.
I realized that Ami doesn't realize the abstraction yet of 'every 3rd,' and I told her that every time she pees in the potty, she gets to pick out a squishy friend. Every time she poops in the potty, she gets a bigger toy, like a recorder or a die cast car.

It turns out, since she got her prize, she didn't care about going in the potty anymore.  I don't know what to do.  If any one has any suggestions I'm all about them.

Otherwise, today was a particularly special day.
We ate some baked pumpkin oatmeal w yogurt... Yummm...
Can you tell we moved into a party house?  haha...




We went for a great walk- we needed navigation on my phone to get back...


Later on, we went to Foode to see Mike's paintings.
Mike had two paintings showing at Jack Brown's art show...
He got the invite over a month ago and had been tripping out over the flattery.





Alix and Moo being so sophisticated :)

So, Mike was tripping out on the art show invite... imagine his excitement when he got asked to work for Jack Brown's!?!? Yay Mike!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment