Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"What You Do Today, Mom?"

"What you do today, Mom?
What you do today?
What you do today?
Mom, what you do today?"

After answering every way I could, I finally said, "NO."
Ami giggled after that.


Here's a close up of Larry's Christmas shoes...



So many things have gone on this week so far.

The weather has been comfortable so we've been playing outside a bunch.

I really feel like I am understanding ...  
I don't want to say 'life.'
I don't want to say 'the world.'
Maybe I'm just understanding my being.

I feel like I just learned to sign water for the first time... shit is connecting.

Of course I'm not 5 or however young age Helen Keller was.  I'm old and now just getting comfortable.
I'm learning and being productive.

Last night I went to Karaoke and sang a Pearl Jam song for the first time ever.   Even Flow was in the know and dude... I want to perform.
I know being Eddie Vedder is not the way to go, but it did feel good to sing a song I'm so comfortable with.
I was telling Jenna, I was thinking at one point that my derby name should straight up be "Eddie Vedder" (it shouldn't).

Before Karaoke, Ami, Ollie, and I went caroling with Billy, Trish, Jolie, Gabby, Larry, Bean, Moo, and Alix.
We went to the Heritage Houses and sang.
I got to see my art students.
Ami got into it the very last house out of the 4 or so that we went to... Here, she is reading the lyrics as she's singing (trying to repeat the words I'm singing).


After caroling we went back to Trish's work to take pictures:


We also had band practice for the first time since Ollie was born. I played guitar. Larry learned a few songs on keys.

I think this will be good. I think it'll be very good.

Ollie also had her 2 month check up. She is doing really well!  Her statistics are:
Head: 5th percentile (this is ok since I have a small head, apparently)
Weight: 30th percentile (10.8 lbs)
Length: 80th percentile (Wha!!!!!!   My tall ass baby, wha??!!)

The doctor said she is a very chill baby while she examined Ollie. Ollie didn't cry or fuss until she got her shots.  She calmed down quickly, though.

We also went to Story Time at the library; again, Santa came.
And Craig was there as Santa's helper.

She didn't want to talk to Santa or get near him...
Ami was just like, Yeah, that's my Santa, he's here.

Craig gave her a stamp and Miss Pat was the Story Time librarian.

Ahhh.  I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment