Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The First Week of December Medley.

I went to Open mic last Monday.
I totally messed up and blanked.  I got very self conscious about my finger all of a sudden.

Starting guitar back up has been very hard.  By February I really was starting to be comfortable playing and grooving... solo-ish stuff and now I am only comfortable playing open chords.... except for D.  For some reason, my pinky over reaches the correct note onto the next string.

So...  I've written two songs since then and again, have decided to practice covers. 
Last Monday was going to be my make-up for the Monday before but there was  such a dissonance between me and the guitar... my ears just weren't working and my voice couldn't fall into place.

I practiced today and am relieved that I sound and feel better.

I've been working on Corduroy, Not For You, and In My Tree.  I thought it'd be beneficial to do a little Vitalogy exploration.






Ami said, "Don't cook it, Mom."   Um.. Ok.  She's eating a frozen waffle..






As we speak, salt and pepper ice cream ... batter?... is being chilled and getting ready for the ice cream maker. I got ahead of myself and didn't follow directions exactly... we'll see how it turns out.  

I'm gonna get on that right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment