Friday, July 20, 2012

The Warm Fuzzy Factor

We've implemented the warm fuzzy reward system that my kindergarten teacher, Ms. Costello used on my class.

Ami earns warm fuzzies by showing voluntary acts of kindness and responsibility as well as completing  her chore (sorting out her and Ollie's clean clothes).

Five warm fuzzies reward her a 23 min long show (Dora, Diego, Curious George... ya know).
If she wants, she can save up her warm fuzzies for two shows or a small toy.

Last night, she had saved up her ten warm fuzzies and decided to get a small toy.
After gymnastics today, we went over to Target where she picked out a hot pink pig piggy bank. It's kind of awesome... she carried it around the store... sometimes putting it on the floor, forgetting it as we walked away. After she realized she had left it and returned to the pig, she said, "I found you, pig!" along with something like, "I won't do it again" or "I'm sorry!"
She also dropped it once, chipping it's ear.

After all this, though, we got home and noticed her pig wasn't in the bag.  I called Target and said we can pick up another one.  She didn't seem to mind too much, though.




I'm sad the picture above turned out so blue :(  I'm glad I learned to change the setting though so I got a warmer shot for the one below.




The egg carton in this picture is Ami's warm fuzzy box. She puts a warm fuzzy in a numbered cup. I left the last cup of each row open, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment